Friday, April 27, 2007

Here I go!

Ok, my first real blog! So today my mom and I decided to have lunch together. We used to have lunch together practically everday when I was working at Guitar Center and she was working at Arkansas Valley State Bank. I would get off work at 11:00 am and we'd meet (usually at Rib Crib) and have lunch. Well now I work at Oral Roberts University and she is working at Oklahoma Central Credit Union at 41st and Garnett. She doesn't usually have the car, my dad usually drops her off so we never have the chance to meet for lunch anymore. Well, today she actually had the car. So we decided that we would meet at 41st and Lewis. We ended up meeting at 41st and Yale because there aren't any restaurants at 41st and Lewis. We decided to eat at Whataburger and by the time we sat down to eat we only had 30 minutes left to eat and get back to work! So, to our disappointment, it is not very convenient for us to have lunch together. Maybe we can find another location that isn't very busy and it will work out better. 41st and Yale has Promenade mall and the entrance and exit ramps for I-44 so it's not the best place to go through with all that traffic. I'm sure we'll eventually find somewhere that works out!

On to other topics. School. I'm trying to get enrolled for summer and for fall classes and there's quite a bit to do. I though that I was almost done and then all the sudden I found out that I still have a bunch of stuff that I need to do. My fafsa was selected for verification so I have to gather up all of my tax records and my parents tax records for 2005 and take them to the Financial Aid office. Also, I have to go online and fill out a verification worksheet! It doesn't surprise me though. My parents tax information from 2005 was sooo confusing!!! It took me forever just to fill it out and now I have to do even more with the tax stuff! Also, one of the classes I wanted to enroll in for fall is full and I really wanted to be in this one because it's a night class and it only meets once a week. The professor got really good reviews too on ratemyprofessor.com. So, I have to go to the professor and fill out a petition to be force added to his class. I don't even know what the procedure is for that or if he'll even approve it. If not then I'll have to enroll in a different class. I also need to get my commuter status for fall and I need to go to the nursing department and talk to someone and make sure that I'm on the right track for the nursing program. And last but not least I have to get my books for summer. I'll have to wait and do that though until next month probably. My first class starts June 18. I don't think I'm fully aware of what I'm getting myself into! Working full time and taking summer classes which meet everday and are 3 hours long! But, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!! So I'm going to do this and earn my degree in nursing in no time at all!!! Wahoo!!!

4 comments:

The Zandi Zoo said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Welcome to the blogging world!!!!

Peculiar Blogs said...

I am so proud of you! You will be an excellent nurse!

Susan said...

So proud to hear you are going for a degree and taking advantage of the college opportunity offered to you by working at ORU. You go girl!!!

Sherria said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That was one for Brandi and one for Aunt Kahri and one for Susan!